So, do you ever wonder why you are here? Why God placed you on this earth? What is His plan? My calling…what are we here to REALLY do? What is my purpose, my Chazown? Ok, what is a Chazown? It is the Hebrew word for Dream or Vision. (Chazown, written by Craig Groeschel, Life.Church, chazown.com)
So this past week, God has been showing me that my calling is quite simple, it’s really simple for everyone. Too, it isn’t just for people in ministry, but for all people. This simple calling was showing up in everything that I was doing…in the sermon series at Life.Church, “Love like Jesus” (watch online at Life.Church, amazing message!), in my LifeGroup study, in a blog I read, then, in the bible plan that I was doing on the YouVersion Bible app, Love Does, by Bob Goff. Everywhere…
It’s simple…Jesus tells us in His word and called us to:
- Love God.
- Jesus said in Matthew 22:38 that this is the greatest commandment.
- “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.” Matthew 22:37 NLT
- Love Other People.
- This is the hardest thing to do, because we really love ourselves…alot.
- “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.” Matthew 22:39 NLT
- Make Disciples.
- Tell the world, everyone that you come in contact with, everyday.
- ” Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28: 19-20 NLT
Luke writes it and adds loving God with all of your strength. “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind. And love your neighbor as yourself. ” Luke 10:27 NLT. With every possible part of our being…
Now, it’s time for us to take a step of faith, discover and use the gifts that God has given us. Did you know that you’ve been put on this planet, in this time for this amazing purpose? And God has given you everything you need to start living it!
Love God, love other people, and make disciples. Simple. Live a life worthy of the calling that we have received from God, Ephesians 4:1. Now, let’s go do it, go be the light of Jesus, shining into the world. Love like Jesus. That is our calling.